Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 3

Dear Blog

Another early morning after a late night so the entire group was pretty tired. However, we did discover thatthe hotel does serve eggs which really beats the rolls every single morning. We had classes like normal in the morning. the cultural class was very interesting and the teacher was animated to say the least, also we learned the vietnamese are not big fans of the chinese to say the least. another horrible day of trying to speak vietnamese ended with me getting about nothing right in the hour of me trying.

after lunch at the school we went back to the hotel to get ready for our site visit to the company in charge of creating all of district 7. the project is called south saigon and for the first time since we have been in Ho Chi Minh it felt like we were actually in america. the streets looked like we were in florida and the new buildings were very modern. the amount of construction that was occuring was crazy cause every direction we looke we could see at least 10 cranes set up working on buildings.

after the site visit i took a nap for way to long then was abruptly awoken my a fellow student telling me we had to go out. so we went out to the caravel quickly realized the beer list was outside our price range at 8 dollars a beer. so we went back to the Rex. at 1130 three of realized we were way to tired to do anything else so we went back to the hotel. I was out cold the second my head hit the pillow.

bye blog

p.s.
mom sorry i diidnt get in touch everything is fine love ya
Greg

1 comment:

  1. Greg - Didn't realize you were traveling all the way to Vietnam just to party. Hope you continue to enjoy the trip. Mike and I have enjoyed reading about your adventures. Let me know if you want more Vietnamese practice when you get home - I'm sure my mom could give you a few pointers.
    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete